[Owasp-board] Need Help with OWASP Italy Agenda

Andrew van der Stock vanderaj at owasp.org
Sun Mar 4 14:04:46 UTC 2007

Just in case Mike can¹t make it, we need an alternative headline key note. I
don¹t know Raoul that well, but if he wants to speak, he would be a good
choice.

Panel 1: Public site vulnerability research ­ good or evil? Ethics gradient
meet Springer; many sites like sl.ackers.org divulge a great deal of
information about XSS attacks on huge public websites. Discuss.

Panel 2: What is needed to fix web app sec vulnerabilities once and for all?
Why are we still handling the same crappy issues (XSS, SQL injection, etc)
we saw back in 2000, with a few new friends. Why are things not getting
better. Discuss ways to improve webappsec.

In terms of speakers, has a call for papers gone out yet? I¹d like for a
spread of papers to cover:

* Designing secure apps
* Coding Securely
* Code Review
* Testing
* New attacks and vulnerabilities (like Amit¹s talk last year, or get
someone like pdp architect)

I wouldn¹t mind speaking, but May is pretty full for me in terms of travel.
I¹m not sure Tanya would be crazy for me going somewhere in my only week at
home during May.

Thanks,
Andrew