[Owasp-board] 'OWASP on the Move' to turkey (was Fwd: [Owasp-leaders] thanks!)

Dinis Cruz dinis at ddplus.net
Fri Jun 29 09:58:58 UTC 2007

I actually think that this is another unique benefit that we from OWASP
central can provide. Every activity that we do should promote collaboration
and exchange of information to, from and between our members and users
(which is the case with the WIKI, Mailing Lists, Conferences, AoC and SpoC).

On the practical side, I do think that it will be harder to support
trans-atlantic trips, but within the zones (in this cases Europe,USA and
eventually ASIA) it should work. It might also make it easier to get
sponsorships like the 1000 Euros we had in Brussels.

Also take into account that this is another very visible use of OWASP funds
and real benefit that we give to local chapters. Lets say for example that
we use some of this funds to pay for a couple guys to go to Finland for
their event, and Nokia (which is joining as member) will be very happy and
fell that they investment is justified.

Dinis