[Owasp-board] Email from paulo on OWASP brand

Dinis Cruz dinis at ddplus.net
Wed Jun 13 08:30:07 UTC 2007

Hi

Please see below an email from Paulo regarding the OWASP brand which I asked
him to write (the idea is to figure out what is going on first and to give
the culprits a change to comment before we go after them)

After reading it I was wondering if we should not send this to owasp-all
(instead of only the owasp-leaders)

what do you think?

Dinis

From:Paulo Coimbra
Subject: Use of OWASP brand

Hello everybody,

My name is Paulo Coimbra. I am working at OWASP branding project and I am
making now a first approach of the current abuses of the OWASP brand.

In that base, hoping not to bother you to much, I would really appreciate if
you all could answer me a few questions:

1.      Do you know the OWASP Brand Usage Rules?

( http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_brand_usage_rules )

1.1. Please let me know your opinion about it and give me your say about
their weaknesses and strengths.

1.2. If possible, tell me what improvements you would like to see assumed.

2.      Are you using the OWASP Brand?

2.1. May I know how are you doing it?

2.2. Can I have any example?

3.      Do you know anybody else that is using the OWASP Brand? May I have
any example?

3.1. May I have your help in order to identify any case where misusing
occurs?

3.2. Could you, please, point out which rules have been broken and what
processes have been used to break them?

4.      Do you know anybody else that is using the OWASP domains?  May I
have any example?

4.1. May I have your help in order to identify any case where misusing
occurs?

4.2. Could you, please, point out which rules have been broken and what
processes have been used to break them?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon, thank you all for your attention
and time,

Paulo Coimbra