[Owasp-board] Fwd: OWASP on the Move!

Jeff Williams jeff.williams at owasp.org
Mon Jun 4 12:39:20 UTC 2007

I think we can try this.  I’d rather not announce a commitment to the leaders of that size until we’re sure that it works.  We’re going to need some rules for how this money is allocated.  Do the chapter leads apply for it?  How do we decide which ones to fund?

--Jeff

From: Sebastien Deleersnyder <seba at deleersnyder.eu  <mailto:seba at deleersnyder.eu> >
Date: Jun 3, 2007 7:45 PM
Subject: OWASP on the Move!
To: Dinis Cruz <dinis at ddplus.net>, Jeff Williams <jeff.williams at aspectsecurity.com >, Dave Wichers <dave.wichers at owasp.org>, Andrew van der Stock <vanderaj at greebo.net>

Hi,

Following discussions during the conference in Italy we had the idea of supporting OWASP presenters to spread the word at local chapter meetings and security events.

I have set up a first trial in Belgium where Ivan Ristic and Dinis will be doing presentations June 22nd. F5 Networks has locally sponsored their trip with € 1000. Program on http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Belgium

I have set up a first stub at http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_on_the_Move

All comments and input are welcome!

If it is ok with you, I would also announce this with the next http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Newsletter_9

Pls check out the Newsletter already (draft currently). I will be sending it for approval to Jef in 2 days.

Kind regards,

Seba

--
Dinis Cruz
Chief OWASP Evangelist, Are you a member yet?