[Owasp-board] Fwd: owasp/gnucitizen

Dave Wichers dave.wichers at owasp.org
Fri Jul 13 02:40:42 UTC 2007

OK. Sounds fine to me.

From: Andrew van der Stock [mailto:vanderaj at owasp.org]
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2007 6:48 PM
To: Dinis Cruz; Dave Wichers
Cc: OWASP Board
Subject: Re: [Owasp-board] Fwd: owasp/gnucitizen

I'm all for it, as it can't hurt.

Andrew

On 7/12/07 12:02 PM, "Dinis Cruz" <dinis at ddplus.net> wrote:

Well pdp is one of the most active researchers out there and wants to have a
wider audience for this research. He is also quite conscious of the good
quality brand that he has build at GnuCitizen so this is like a baby step
for him to test the waters with OWASP.

At the end of the day since all is material is GPL it doesn't mater :)

And if this works we will have another great regular contributor on OWASP
(we then need to get Jeremiah and RSnake :) )

Dinis

On 7/11/07, Dave Wichers <dave.wichers at owasp.org> wrote:

I think I'd need to understand better what they are doing at what we would
be promoting. Can you summarize for us quickly what he is doing that we
would collaborate on?

Thanks, Dave

From: pdp (architect) <pdp.gnucitizen at googlemail.com>
Date: Jul 5, 2007 9:53 PM
Subject: owasp/gnucitizen
To: dinis at ddplus.net

Hi Dinis,

How are u doing? I have an interesting idea that I have been bouncing
off some of the GNUCITIZEN guys I am working with and I decided to
chat to you about it just to see what do u think. The idea is to
outsource some of the project that we do to OWASP. How about that?
However, we don't want to loose a complete control over them, mainly
because we find them interesting and exciting to work on. So, is it
possible to do some kind of symbiosis for these specific projects
between OWASP and GNUCITIZEN. OWASP will benefit from the nature of
the projects, since they are interesting and unique. GNUCITIZEN will
benefit from your userbase, hoping that someone will get on helping us
to take them to the next level. It seams to me like a good
partnership. I think, that this will make us more OWASP active :) but
again, we don't want to loose the GNUCITIZEN identity.

Also, I would like to put the OWASP logo under a page called
affiliates. This page will list the organizations that we work with.
If the above sounds good to you, there will be a storm of
GNUCITIZEN/OWASP projects coming along :) trust me. Make sure that
other OWASP memebers are fine with something like this. Keep in mind
that all projects are GPLv2 so if you decide to fork them at some
latter point, that will be just fine.

cheers and let me know

--
pdp (architect) | petko d. petkov