[Owasp-board] Fwd: owasp/gnucitizen

Jeff Williams jeff.williams at owasp.org
Wed Jul 11 01:38:30 UTC 2007

I think this is great.  I see no downside to the collaboration, so long as
what shows up on OWASP is consistent with our principles.

--Jeff

From: pdp (architect) <pdp.gnucitizen at googlemail.com>
Date: Jul 5, 2007 9:53 PM
Subject: owasp/gnucitizen
To: dinis at ddplus.net

Hi Dinis,

How are u doing? I have an interesting idea that I have been bouncing
off some of the GNUCITIZEN guys I am working with and I decided to
chat to you about it just to see what do u think. The idea is to
outsource some of the project that we do to OWASP. How about that?
However, we don't want to loose a complete control over them, mainly
because we find them interesting and exciting to work on. So, is it
possible to do some kind of symbiosis for these specific projects
between OWASP and GNUCITIZEN. OWASP will benefit from the nature of
the projects, since they are interesting and unique. GNUCITIZEN will
benefit from your userbase, hoping that someone will get on helping us
to take them to the next level. It seams to me like a good
partnership. I think, that this will make us more OWASP active :) but
again, we don't want to loose the GNUCITIZEN identity.

Also, I would like to put the OWASP logo under a page called
affiliates. This page will list the organizations that we work with.
If the above sounds good to you, there will be a storm of
GNUCITIZEN/OWASP projects coming along :) trust me. Make sure that
other OWASP memebers are fine with something like this. Keep in mind
that all projects are GPLv2 so if you decide to fork them at some
latter point, that will be just fine.

cheers and let me know

--
pdp (architect) | petko d. petkov