[Owasp-board] SPI OWASP Membership

Dave Wichers dave.wichers at owasp.org
Wed Jan 31 01:35:20 UTC 2007

Like I said, a nit. I don't have a problem with granting this to them. We
did get burned on one of the OWASP conferences where one of the sponsors
never actually paid, which is why I'm more sensitive to this than I probably
should be.

I don't suspect it will be a problem.

-Dave

  _____

To: owasp-board at lists.owasp.org

Well, I actually though quite a bit of that one (and had an earlier version
of the email that said that), but then I though, "you know what? one year
ago we where giving memberships for free to companies just to be able to
have their logos in there, so if we have to bite the bullet on this one, I
don't think that it is a big issue"

I don't think that we should do it very often (or even again) but the timing
of this particular scenario is quite unique (and note that having the logo
in the home page is a big 'buy-in-factor' for these companies.

And having SPI logo in there might get the other vendors to join in, for
example I just had a call with cenzic who might also become a member (and
allocate its membership money to SiteGenerator) and I am sure that my one of
the convincing factors where SPI's case

Dinis

On 1/30/07, Dave Wichers <dave.wichers at owasp.org> wrote:

A nit, but I don't think we should list them as a member until they actually
pay their membership fee. And I think we should use words like, SPI has
pledged $9K for the SpoC project .

-Dave

  _____

--