[Owasp-board] Please Update AoC review page

Dinis Cruz dinis at ddplus.net
Tue Jan 30 23:44:44 UTC 2007

Jeff's comments below, actually raise an important question, how 'accurate'
should we be on public AoC's reviews?

i.eu. if somebody doesn't deliver as much as we wanted, shold we publicly
mention it or keep those details to us.

Lets see what happened with the AoC projects

AoC 13 Rogan      (WebScarab NG)       - Very over ambitions brief, but
delivered a good version of WebScarab  NG
AoC 04 Joshua     (Live CD)                  -  Haven't seen the final
version, but looks like it will be a good delivery
AoC 17 Chris     (CAL9000)                  -  Lots of 'behind the scenes
work', could had done more to integrate it with OWASP's content and
branding. But good delivery
AoC 09 Mike     (SiteGenerator and ORG)  - Lots of work and bug fixes. In
par with was was expected
AoC 21 Simon     (Pantera)                       - New version with tons of
new features  In par with was was expected (so he under-delivered)
AoC 24 Sherif     (Web Goat)                    - Delivered on lessons, but
as jeff says below, lessons are prety weak
AoC 26 Matteo     (Testing Guide)             - Delivered a great piece of
work, and I would say he over-delivered
AoC 18 Boris     (Owasp .Net Tools)          - Worked really hard in the
integration of these tools (into a tool what will be called OWASP Tiger). So
I would also say he also over-delivered (which should be confirmed when the
final version is released)
AoC 07 Aaron     (Owasp Website)           - Started very well. But failed
to fulfill his potential, so I would say he under-delivered

Out of the 9 projects, we have 5 solid deliveries, 2 above average and 2
below average. But all projects moved forward :)

So I guess one way we can reward the ones that did good deliveries is to
give them a SpoC sponsorship (if they apply for one) , and the way we don't
reward the less-than-good deliveries, is to not give them a SpoC sponsorship
(if they apply for one)

Dinis