[Owasp-board] SPI OWASP Membership

Dinis Cruz dinis at ddplus.net
Tue Jan 30 23:30:07 UTC 2007

Well, I actually though quite a bit of that one (and had an earlier version
of the email that said that), but then I though, "you know what? one year
ago we where giving memberships for free to companies just to be able to
have their logos in there, so if we have to bite the bullet on this one, I
don't think that it is a big issue"

I don't think that we should do it very often (or even again) but the timing
of this particular scenario is quite unique (and note that having the logo
in the home page is a big 'buy-in-factor' for these companies.

And having SPI logo in there might get the other vendors to join in, for
example I just had a call with cenzic who might also become a member (and
allocate its membership money to SiteGenerator) and I am sure that my one of
the convincing factors where SPI's case

Dinis