[Owasp-board] Fwd: SPI OWASP Membership

Dave Wichers dave.wichers at owasp.org
Sat Jan 27 03:34:11 UTC 2007

I think we can say that they have pledged to sponsor it or something like
that. Why can't they pay now? They are a BIG enough company I would think.
Will they agree to at least pay by 4/1 rather than 6/30?

-Dave

  _____

To: owasp-board at lists.owasp.org
Subject: [Owasp-board] Fwd: SPI OWASP Membership

Ok, so now things are about to get interresting :)

After a call with SPI, they have agreed to join OWASP has a vendor member
and put their membership fee for a SpoC sponsorship for SiteGenerator (which
means that SpoC would start at 109k).

A couple questions:

 - Are you guys OK wity SPI becoming a member?
 - Are you ok with them anoucing now but only paying in Q2?
 - Of course that I will want to review that PR, right?

His mention of the membership drive is that I would use SPI as an example of
a comercial company that joined in February and is directly allocating its
membership money to a project they are interrested (in this case Site
Generator)

This could be quite something, since SiteGenerator has the potential to be
THE benchmark to evaluate web application security scanners (and if one of
the vendors starts using it, all the others will folow)

Dinis