[Owasp-board] Spring Of Code

Dinis Cruz dinis at ddplus.net
Wed Jan 24 18:41:02 UTC 2007

You should be reading more carefully the last newsletter :)

Here are details about the current OWASP board:
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/How_OWASP_Works

The reason you (and everybody else) need to compete is to make sure
that SpoC is a fair and open exercise.

That said, if you look at the selection criteria for the AoC (and SpoC
should be very similar if not the same)
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Autumn_of_Code_2006_-_Selection
you will see that you (and any active OWASP project leader) have a
very high probability to have your proposal(s) accepted

Dinis

On 1/24/07, Eoin <eoinkeary at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Dinis,
> Funny that I have to compete with other people to get sponsorship for a
> guide i started.
> But i will submit to the SpoC for the Code review guide.
>
> May I ask who is currently on the OWASP board and who selects them?
>
> Thanks again,
> cheers,
> Eoin
>

> On 24/01/07, Dinis Cruz <dinis at ddplus.net> wrote:
> > Hi Eoin,
> >
> > Of course that the Code Review can apply to the SpoC (Spring of Code),
> > in fact I would be surprised if if didn't receive 1, 2 or even 3
> > sponshorships :)   . It will all depend on the quality of the
> > proposals. As project leader you should be thinking on how you want
> > that to work
> >
> > I also would like to have a proposal on the 'very discussed'
> code-auditing-tool.
> >
> > If I was you, this is how I would aproach it:
> >
> > 1) ask the question 'in an ideal world what resources I would like
> > to have in this project for the next 3 months'
> > 2) send that plan to the mailing list with your ideas projects and
> > ask for participants (you can also hand pick them if you know who you
> > want). I'm assuming that one proposal will be comming from you
> > 3) appy to the SpoC
> >
> > Yesterday, we had a Owasp board conference call where we decided to
> > allocate $100,000 USD to the SpoC (final details still to be defined)
> > so we will be able to increase substancially the number of
> > sponshorships given.
> >
> > In principle I will be the one organizing the SpoC and the current
> > plan is to make the first anoucement in the 1st of Feb.
> >
> > Dinis Cruz
> > Chief OWASP Evangelist
> > http://www.owasp.org
> >

> > On 1/24/07, Eoin < eoinkeary at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > Can the Code review guide be considered for the  Spring of Code or seen
> as
> > > there is momentum behind it already it is too "far-gone"?
> > > I shall apply for it through the usual channels. I don't know who will
> be
> > > the coordinator as this time I wish to be tech lead (I regret not being
> tech
> > > lead for the Testing guide), maybe Dave Witchers or Jeff (Dinis has  too
> > > much to do :0) ).
> > > what you guys think?
> > >
> > > Also
> > >
> > > We need to think about integration into the  Metrics project. (or is
> this
> > > dead, not much activity on the site).
> > >

> > > --
> > > Eoin Keary OWASP - Ireland
> > > http://www.owasp.org/local/ireland.html
> > >  http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Testing_Project
> > >
> http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Code_Review_Project
> >

> > --
> >

> --
>
> Eoin Keary OWASP - Ireland
> http://www.owasp.org/local/ireland.html
> [...]

Chief OWASP Evangelist, Are you a member yet?
http://www.owasp.org