[Owasp-board] Fwd: Financial information about Mozila foundation

Dinis Cruz dinis at ddplus.net
Wed Jan 24 17:00:38 UTC 2007

fyi

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chris Hofmann <chofmann at mozilla.org>
Date: Jan 24, 2007 3:47 PM
Subject: Re: Financial information about Mozila foundation
To: Dinis Cruz <dinis at ddplus.net>
Cc: partners at mozilla.org, Seth Bindernagel <sethb at mozilla.com>

Hi Dinis,

There is some information and a bit of the financial history of the
Mozilla Foundation posted at Mitchell Baker's blog at
http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/mitchell/archives/2007/01/the_mozilla_foundation_achievi.html

Initial funding was through a $2M grant from AOL, and smaller $250k
grants from several partners, and more recently the bulk of our funding
comes through being able to monetize existing search features in the
browser.

I follow the web security alias and have seen your posts there.  The
traffic on that mail alias has been helpful in stimulating security
research on Firefox.  Have you thought about putting together grant
proposals to the open source organizations listed below, and maybe a few
top websites that have interest in the web security discussions you
host  as one funding model?

If your interested, Seth Bindernagel, our community building and grant
coordinator, and I could kick around some ideas about Mozilla and these
organizations might be able to help out.  Let us know, and we can set up
a meeting or conference call.

Thanks

Chris Hofmann