[Owasp-board] WSSC Organizational Sponsor

Dave Wichers dave.wichers at owasp.org
Thu Jan 18 17:59:02 UTC 2007

OK,

I have already added this 'benefit' to the OWASP Membership benefits list.

-Dave

  _____

Cc: jeff.williams at owasp.org

ok, so when should we tell OWASP members about this, or did I miss an
email/anoucement with this?

I also think that we should disclose the financial arrangement that we got
(which btw was a good deal (nice one :))

Dinis

On 1/17/07, Dave Wichers < dave.wichers at owasp.org
<mailto:dave.wichers at owasp.org> > wrote:

We agreed to lend our sponsorship to the conference in exchange for a
significant discount to OWASP members (30%). Gunnar and Aspect are also
offering our 1 day courses at this conference (same ones we did at OWASP),
and we were able to wrangle that OWASP would also get 10%

of the revenue for those training classes too. All OWASP needs to do is tell
its members that we were able to arrange this discount at a conference that
might be of interest to them and indicate that the training that has been
popular at other OWASP conference is also available at this conference too
(except your class of course :-( ).

Seemed reasonable to me. We do something similar for BlackHat where OWASP
members get a (much smaller) discount to BlackHat in exchange for OWASP
putting up on ad for BlackHat on the OWASP web site.

-Dave

  _____

To: owasp-board at lists.owasp.org
Subject: [Owasp-board] WSSC Organizational Sponsor

Jeff,

What is the current with with the WSSC conference were we are an WSSC
Organizational Sponsor (see
http://unatekconference.com/programWebservices2007.php )?

Dinis Cruz
Chief OWASP Evangelist, Are you a member yet?
http://www.owasp.org