[Owasp-board] Fwd: [Owasp-testing] OSSTMM manual, followup by Pete about OSS

Jeff Williams jeff.williams at owasp.org
Fri Feb 2 17:34:28 UTC 2007

I'm open to the idea, but I want to be absolutely sure that everything that
comes from the collaboration will be open.  I don't want to waste cycles on
making something that won't be fully open and free.  I'd be more comfortable
taking the OSSBLAHBLAHTMM and making it an OWASP standard.

--Jeff

  _____

From: Pete Herzog <pete at isecom.org>
Date: Feb 1, 2007 5:23 PM
Subject: Re: [Owasp-testing] OSSTMM manual, followup by Pete about OSS
To: Dinis Cruz <dinis at ddplus.net>
Cc: "Matteo G.P. Flora" < mf at matteoflora.com <mailto:mf at matteoflora.com> >

Hi Dinis,

I have been giving the collaboration some thought and we think that we
would like to start by combining the OWASP Testing guide 2.0 with the
OSSTMM Data Security Modules so that it would be integrated with the OSSTM.
   Since we have already been working on a special web app testing edition
of OSSTMM 3, it might be beneficial to use each of our strengths to make
the best version possible.  Would you or OWASP support an endeavor to
create such a hybrid?

Sincerely,
-pete.

Pete Herzog - Managing Director - pete at isecom.org
ISECOM - Institute for Security and Open Methodologies
www.isecom.org - www.osstmm.org
www.hackerhighschool.org - www.isestorm.org
ISECOM is the OSSTMM Professional Security Tester (OPST),
OSSTMM Professional Security Analyst (OPSA), and Hacker Highschool
Teacher certification authority.

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Testing_Project_v2.0_-_Review_Guideline