[Owasp-board] FW: Ounce/OWASP

Jeff Williams jeff.williams at owasp.org
Fri Feb 2 17:32:01 UTC 2007

He sent one to me as well.  I posted a response based on the letter we
crafted.

--Jeff

  _____

From: Jake Messier <jake.messier at ouncelabs.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 10:27:43 -0500
To: <vanderaj at owasp.org>
Conversation: Ounce/OWASP
Subject: Ounce/OWASP

Andrew,

I wanted to let you know about some far-reaching OWASP related news.

Ounce Labs, the leader in software security assurance, recently announced
(Wednesday) the release of Ounce 4.2. The newest version of Ounce has a
feature called SmartAudit. SmartAudit uses Ounce's superior source code
vulnerability analysis results to power a series of reports that provide a
detailed picture of compliance to a security, development, or audit
executive. The initial SmartAudit reports offered include the OWASP Top Ten.
We are pushing this feature as our main marketing selling point.

We'd love to maximize the exposure of not only Ounce, but OWASP. Please let
me know what your thoughts are surrounding an OWASP press release regarding
our new feature. I can make Jack Danahy, our CTO and founder (as well as
chairman of the OWASP Metrics and Measurement Standards Committee) available
for a quote.

I'd also like to discuss pitching the OWASP/Ounce story idea to various
publications.

We're very excited and are receiving outstanding feedback regarding the
release of 4.2. We'd love to get the most out of this opportunity for
everyone involved.

Jake Messier

Jake Messier | Public Relations Manager | Ounce Labs, Inc. | 100 Fifth
Avenue, Waltham, MA 02451 | 781.547.7031 | www.ouncelabs.com
<file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\jdanahy\Application%20Data\Microsoft\
Signatures\www.ouncelabs.com>

------ End of Forwarded Message