[Owasp-board] FW: Ounce/OWASP

Andrew van der Stock vanderaj at owasp.org
Fri Feb 2 15:35:50 UTC 2007

Thoughts? Response?

------ Forwarded Message
From: Jake Messier <jake.messier at ouncelabs.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 10:27:43 -0500
To: <vanderaj at owasp.org>
Conversation: Ounce/OWASP
Subject: Ounce/OWASP

Andrew,

I wanted to let you know about some far-reaching OWASP related news.

Ounce Labs, the leader in software security assurance, recently announced
(Wednesday) the release of Ounce 4.2. The newest version of Ounce has a
feature called SmartAudit. SmartAudit uses Ounce¹s superior source code
vulnerability analysis results to power a series of reports that provide a
detailed picture of compliance to a security, development, or audit
executive. The initial SmartAudit reports offered include the OWASP Top Ten.
We are pushing this feature as our main marketing selling point.

We¹d love to maximize the exposure of not only Ounce, but OWASP. Please let
me know what your thoughts are surrounding an OWASP press release regarding
our new feature. I can make Jack Danahy, our CTO and founder (as well as
chairman of the OWASP Metrics and Measurement Standards Committee) available
for a quote.

I¹d also like to discuss pitching the OWASP/Ounce story idea to various
publications.

We¹re very excited and are receiving outstanding feedback regarding the
release of 4.2. We¹d love to get the most out of this opportunity for
everyone involved.

Jake Messier

Jake Messier | Public Relations Manager | Ounce Labs, Inc. | 100 Fifth
Avenue, Waltham, MA 02451 | 781.547.7031 | www.ouncelabs.com
<file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\jdanahy\Application%20Data\Microsoft\
Signatures\www.ouncelabs.com>

------ End of Forwarded Message