[Owasp-board] Update Chapter Web Page w/Contact Information

Tom Brennan tomb at owasp.org
Fri Dec 28 16:35:17 UTC 2007

2008 is the year of APPSEC ;) visibility is high worldwide for OWASP and
so is your responsibility as a local chapter leader and volunteer
representative of OWASP Foundation.

In addition to Alison's request for information, I would like to address a
simple issue with all chapters, today, we claim to have 107 "active"
chapters and our newest chapter that has come online last week is Orange
County CA, with chapter leader Marc Maiffret formerly of eEye Digital
Security (Welcome Marc) and several others are now in progress.

What we need ASAP is that all chapter leaders review the chapter page
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Chapter and update your page

A chapter needs a leader, an address for mailing out the chapter packages
(coming shortly) and 2+ additional board members wisdom to evangelize the
OWASP mission help with meetings, projects etc., as we all know it takes
time/effort to run a chapter.

As a example, what has worked very well for the NY/NJ Metro chapter and
for our members (671 of them) is clearly listing who's involved on the
chapter page and address etc., on the bottom of the chapter
homepage/website

see: http://www.owasp.org/index.php/NYNJMetro
(login, edit, copy/paste we encourage you to use a similar layout)

1. Summary
2. Dates of your next meetings / agenda etc
3. Chapter Leaders and a email for them and phone number
4. Chapter Mailing Address

For more information on getting your chapter going for 2008 see the
Chapter leader hand-book:

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Chapter_Leader_Handbook

* Note, if you don't yet have a @owasp.org email address you can get one
by simply requesting one from Alison at Alison.mcnamee at owasp.org or
larry.casey at owasp.org and they will help you get set-up.  We encourage all
chapter leaders/board members to utilize a @OWASP.ORG email so we/you can
separate OWASP business from your commercial or non-owasp emails as OWASP
is your personal effort and involvement and effort with or without your
employee.

A update has been made to the OWASP contact page so that you can easily
contact anyone at OWASP Foundation now see:

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Contact

Are you on the other mailing lists for OWASP that you want to be?

So, get ready for 2008, update your chapter page today, outline your
annual chapter plan and execute against it.

-Brennan

--
Tom Brennan
Board Member OWASP Foundation Worldwide