[Owasp-board] new OWASP book? "OWASP Attacks Reference Guide 2007"

Dinis Cruz dinis at ddplus.net
Thu Dec 27 23:39:32 UTC 2007

Leonardo,

I would prefer to have a book with the materials that are out there
ASAP for three reasons:

 1) doing that would be a good learning experience for everybody
(since of course that it will be a semi-automated process (note that
there is already some experience inside OWASP in converting WIKI pages
into Word Docs))
 2) it is much easier to review it on paper (initially at least)
 3) just doing this 'fist pass' will give all participants a much
better feel for what needs to be done (and what should be the
priorities).

If the public call for participation is done immediately after this
book is done, or after some time to digest its contents,  it is up to
you guys :)

Note that we can publish as many versions (of the book) since a new
version is just a PDF away.

And yes I will document this process so that you can create the PDFs directly.

Btw, Jeff, have you spoken with the guys currently responsible for the
HoneyComb project? (Since he might want to be involved or have some
extra ideas to add to the mix)

Thanks for you energy

Dinis