[Owasp-board] FW: OWASP Con Tutorials

Dave Wichers dave.wichers at owasp.org
Wed Dec 26 20:59:48 UTC 2007

I agree with this and would like to get more company's involved, so we
probably need to promote this more in some manner.

-Dave

conference. You can contact Gunnar at: gunnar at arctecgroup.net

> I'd recommend some language specific classes as well. Dinis does a great
.NET class, but he'd need to build it again from scratch. He previously used
IOActive's content and doesn't have access to that any more.

> Aspect has a 1-day class for managers that I would recommend for both
conferences. We've taught this class at least 40 times already. Aspect also
has a 1-day Rich Internet Applications/AJAX class that we could pair with it
to take up the 2-days.

> I'd also like to get other providers teaching there as well so I'd suggest
you solicit, find other vendors. Historically its been 1 class from Aspect,
1 from Gunnar, and 1 from Dinis. I'd like to get more providers and Aspect
would like to teach 2 different classes if we can. More if you want us to J.

> For Europe, I think we can only commit to 2, but for NY we could do as
many as you'd like us to teach, but I don't think its appropriate to be the
'Aspect' show, so 2 or at the most 3 from Aspect would probably be best.

> In summary: I'd recommend the following:
>
> Europe: 2-day general Web App Sec, AND 1-day Leader/Mgr followed by 1-day
Rich Internet Applications course.
> U.S. The above, plus the 2-day Java course.
>
> For both conferences I'd also recommend Gunnar's 2-day web services
security course. [Gunnar is also willing to help both of you organize a web
services security track. Please contact him about that.]

> I'd also encourage Dinis to build his own 2-day .NET class so he can offer
that class at both conferences as well. When Dinis offered a .NET class at
OWASP, he frequently got 15-20 attendees because people know he is REALLY
good at .NET stuff.