[Owasp-board] FW: Introducing Alison

Tom Brennan - OWASP tomb at owasp.org
Thu Dec 13 20:47:51 UTC 2007

Alison,  please shoot me a excel list of all chapters, all chapter address, phone numbers and people involved. (Based on Dinis recent email to chapter-leaders we should/might have something already. The goal is to identify active key chapters and ensure that this info is also on the wiki for the chapter home page as well.   I also want to call each chapter leader and ask some questions and listen really carefully about what they would like to see in governance and how we can help them.

Once this has been done and the review od the OWASP Foundation 501(3)c stuff then I can submit the plan for governance for owasp and local chapters.

Also of the 75 paid members can I also get this list in excel) I would think that this list should also point to what the local chapter is hence want to see if out of the active chapters.... Are these the paid members or is it something else?

With all that is going on with killing trees for books :) I'm sure the above is needed anywho.... BTW the books were a BIG success at the 12/11 NYC Fed Res meeting - people were all over them and we're raffled off and had great dialog about owasp as many have never heard of it... Go figure :).

-brennan

Tom Brennan
OWASP Foundation Board Member
Tel: 973-202-0122 | Url: www.owasp.org

 To: jeff.williams at owasp.org
 Cc: OWASP Board; alison.mcnamee at owasp.org

Sorry, sorry, sorry (I should had read the messages below :)  )

Let's start with the 77 packs, (since that will be a good test case before we get into the production of the OWASP member packs) and figure out who the recipients should be.

On the book front, I agree with the 5 proposed, and actually would add (with the condition that one of you has actually read it) that we should could also include the Ruby on Rails book since it looks really good ( http://www.lulu.com/content/1412042 <http://www.lulu.com/content/1412042> ). Alison can you see what the total cost would be for the 6 books?.

On the recipients, I would suggest that we send 1 copy to:

* The leaders of the most active chapters (so that they can show it at the next meeting)
* Past major contributors to OWASP (Jeff you probably will be the best person to create this list)
* Strategic individuals. For example key industry contacts, or influential Journalists or Blogger (for example the non-owasp guys who sometime blog about us)

On distribution, Alison, can you check with lulu (CC me please) if they can ship the packs for us (since they should have much better UPS deals that we do) and it is possible to include something else in the pack (for example a letter from Jeff/OWASP board). Thanks

Dinis

On 12/10/07, Jeff Williams <jeff.williams at owasp.org <mailto:jeff.williams at owasp.org> > wrote:

Dinis,

Read the message!  You suggested that we put together 3 to 5 book bundle and distribute.  You asked for $5K to do it.  I suggested a 5 book set and asked Alison to research how many sets we could get.  The answer is 77.  I'm not sure that's the best use of the money since we get so little coverage.  But perhaps if we used them very strategically…

--Jeff