[Owasp-board] 501c3 paperwork and tax returns?

jinxpuppy jinxpuppy at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 01:48:49 UTC 2007

Dave, 1st step in understanding the non-profit from a OWASP Foundation
stand-point when asked to help out with governance is to get up to speed on
what exists, how its set-up and then make suggestions to the board for
moving forward....  this is also something our new employee with her
accounting background is going to need as well so no better time to start.

FYI I am actually not recreating any wheels... just following 2-15 of the
governance plan to ensure that there standard that I can cite as a "best
practice" http://www.oag.state.ny.us/charities/not_for_profit_booklet.pdf &
http://www.irs.gov/charities/article/0,,id=96103,00.html

In my last role of Board Member for FBI/Infragard New Jersey I actually
worked on setting up the 501 hence i know the pain.  As we outline
governance its the foundation that we have to start with then we can build
in parallel with excellent technical content.

-Brennan