[Owasp-board] OWASP and Microsoft

Dinis Cruz dinis at ddplus.net
Mon Dec 10 17:08:00 UTC 2007

Hi Jeff,
I agree with you that the .NET project more focused on my past research.
That is something I don't agree with and wish I could find somebody to
create something like the OWASP Java Project.
I am also more than happy to add more leaders to this project (or even not
be the leader at all). The problem is finding that person.

The problem that we (OWASP) have with .NET is that Microsoft already has
quite a lot of very good security information online. So maybe a good start
would be to ask Microsoft if they allow us (namely the OWASP .NET project)
to grab the best security content from here  from
http://channel9.msdn.com/wiki/default.aspx/SecurityWiki.HomePage

That would be a great start since there is lots of content in there that I
would like to expand on (and not have to create from scratch).

I actually had this idea when talking to Stefano while we were discussing
how to put more Flash stuff in OWASP and we come up with the idea that Adobe
should donate the IP of they security documentation (soon to be published)
to OWASP so that we can post it on our wiki and expand it.

So we could start with Microsoft and then make the same request to Adobe.

What do you think?

Regarding the separation between our roles I agree that that is something we
need to be aware. Tom is working on Governance so lets see what he comes up
with ;),  but I feel that the solution is to make explicit references to our
owasp-board actions. Everything else is done as an individual member.

Dinis