[Owasp-board] FW: GSSP

Sebastien Deleersnyder seba at deleersnyder.eu
Mon Dec 3 08:28:42 UTC 2007

FYI

-----Original Message-----
From: Johan Peeters [mailto:yo at secappdev.org]
Sent: zondag 2 december 2007 23:33
To: Sebastien Deleersnyder
Subject: GSSP

Dear Sebastien,

The secappdev courses (http://secappdev.org) are an opportunity for
experienced software developers to hone their secure software
engineering skills. A wide variety of topics are studied, ranging from
requirements engineering to testing, from cryptology to operating
systems, from development processes to vulnerability classes. Whatever
the merits of the secure software engineering practices, however,
vulnerabilities in the code lay the system open to attack. We are
therefore excited to give course participants the opportunity to
demonstrate their knowledge of common security flaws in Java and C
programming and their ability to avoid them by becoming a certified
GIAC Secure Software Programmer (GSSP) -
http://secappdev.org/2008/GSSP.html.

GSSP was set up in the spring of 2007 by the SANS (Sysadmin, Audit,
Network, Security) Institute as the first ever certification in their
Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) program targeting
developers. GIAC, founded in 1999, has become a well-respected,
world-wide certification organisation in security administration,
management and audit. There is every reason to believe that GSSP will
similarly command wide respect as it becomes established. The first
exam was taken by 23 people in Washington D.C. in August
2007. Shortly, the first European exam session will take place in
London. We are proud to host the 2nd presentation of the exam in
Europe on March 5th 2007.

Course participants can register for the exam at a very favorable
rate. The exam will also be available to people not taking the course,
but they must register direct with SANS.

kr,

Yo
--
Johan Peeters
Program Director

P.S. I apologize if you have already received this announcement via
another channel. If you do not wish to receive future secappdev.org

--
20:34