[Owasp-board] Fortify's Java Open Review Project and Sponsoring an OWASP Spring of Code Project

Fredrick DeQuan Lee flee at fortifysoftware.com
Wed Apr 4 18:00:20 UTC 2007

I am working to create an OWASP specific section for projects on the
public site right now. Hopefully, we can have that turned around
within the month (hopefully after JavaOne).

With regards to workflow, we're currently placing the scans into a
cruisecontrol type system. I can look into a way to allow OWASP to
initiate/trigger the automated scans. I can add the project owners to
the mail notification when a new scan is completed.

Another big contribution would be getting help from the OWASP project
developers to review the issues we detect. I don't believe you've
walked through the interface, but there's a simple option to select
"fix/don't fix". At the moment, we're doing all of the human
analysis. Although our results are pretty good, code auditing
*always* benefits from actual developer knowledge/involvement.

With regards to how much, I'll get back to you before the end of this
week. I can easily do $2k right now towards the metrics project as
part of the open source review budget. I'll see what additional funds
I can procure.

One final thing, we currently only have JBroFuzz and Webgoat (which
is functioning as a demo/educational project) in the scan rotation.
Are there any other OWASP projects that you would like to see added
immediately?