[Owasp-board] Fortify's Java Open Review Project and Sponsoring an OWASP Spring of Code Project

Stephen de Vries stephen at corsaire.com
Wed Apr 4 16:20:15 UTC 2007

Interesting.  For the Metric's project, I think this is a perfect
fit.  But it's a bit more difficult to see how this can fit into the
Java project.  The Java project members might be interested in
helping out with this effort, specifically, they could:
- review security defects for existing Java projects
- help fix security defects
- supply general feedback

But one thing I wanted to clarify first, is what will OWASP's role be
in this?  As it stands now, anyone can join the Fortify project and
start reviewing code.  But I can't see an angle that will benefit
OWASP. (There doesn't have to be one, but it would be nice)

Stephen

--
Stephen de Vries
Corsaire Ltd
E-mail: stephen at corsaire.com
Tel:	+44 1483 226014
Fax: 	+44 1483 226068
Web: 	http://www.corsaire.com

CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the recipient(s) only.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking
any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited.  If you have
received this e-mail in error please notify the sender immediately
and destroy the material whether stored on a computer or otherwise.
DISCLAIMER:  Any views or opinions presented within this e-mail are
solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those
of Corsaire Limited, unless otherwise specifically stated.
Corsaire Limited, registered in England No. 3338312. Registered
office: 3 Tannery House, Tannery Lane, Send, Surrey, GU23 7EF.
Telephone: +44 (0)1483-226000