[Owasp-board] Fortify's Java Open Review Project and Sponsoring an OWASP Spring of Code Project

Dinis Cruz dinis at ddplus.net
Wed Apr 4 17:20:20 UTC 2007

Well we need/should scan every OWASP released tool (and figure out a
workflow for that) since there is a real posibility that some of them might
have serious vulnerabilities or backdoors (at the moment we just don't
know), except for the applications that are supposed to be insecure :)

I like the idea that we create a workflow at a service like the one you
provide (maybe via an OWASP specific project/section) where we check our
apps before every major release (in the future I even want to alocate a
budget for that so that we have a dedicated team that is responsible for
checking and validating those releases).

Regarding the sponsorship of the metrics, the answer is yes. The deadline
for SpoC 007 was extended one week and even when the submission period is
over, depending on the number and quality of applicants, we might still have
some budget to allocate after it. So the question is how much do you want to
sponsor?

Dinis Cruz
Chief OWASP Evangelist
http://www.owasp.org