[Owasp-board] Fwd: [Owasp-leaders] Good stuff: OWASP IL mini conference, Monday, November 13th, together with IDC

Dinis Cruz dinis at ddplus.net
Sun Nov 26 17:15:05 UTC 2006

This raises an interresting question and oportunity: The organization of
mini-conferences (1/2 day to 1 day long) at local chapters.

It would be great for OWASP, but we would need to regulate it properly to
prevent abuses (and also figure out a way to handle the financial issues).

Maybe the model should be based on a 'Code of Conduct' (which defines what
should and should not be done (and who ever breaks that code of conduct
loses the Chapter leadership)) and a financial model of 50% / 50% split of
the events profits (50% to Owasp mothership and 50% to the local chapter (or
to the event's organizer)

Dinis

*To:* owasp-leaders at lists.owasp.org
Monday,November 13th, together with IDC

Here is a good example of the great stuff that occurs at Owasp's chapters
but doesn't propagate to the rest of the community (I discovered this by
accident :) )

*OWASP IL mini conference, Monday, November 13th, together with IDC *
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Israel

Best regards

Dinis Cruz
OWASP Autumn of Code 2006, http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OAC