[Owasp-board] FW: Licensing of OWASP Software and Documentation

Jeff Williams jeff.williams at owasp.org
Thu Nov 9 15:21:34 UTC 2006

Guys - the right answer here, I believe, is that..

1) They can reference (link to) material on the site without a membership

2) They could include material from the site as long as they keep the
attribution and license intact

      (but there is some danger to them that their work would have to be
open sourced)

      (and it will get out of date)

3) They *SHOULD* become a full member and support us

I'll also caution them against misleading claims of protection (the branding
guideline stuff).

Anything else?

--Jeff

  _____

E  - pbogaerts at bee-ware.net

W -  <BLOCKED::http://www.bee-ware.net/> www.bee-ware.net

O  - +32 (0)498 574635

This communication contains information which is confidential and may also
be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If
you are not he intended recipient(s) please not that any distribution,
copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly
prohibited.

immediately and then destroy any copies of it.