[Owasp-board] Paulo @ OWASP AppSec USA 2011?

Paulo Coimbra pcoimbra at owasp.org
Sat Apr 10 05:38:56 UTC 2004

Jason,

I thank your answer. Everything is understood. As for choosing the travel
agency for the flights' arrangements, if I surely won't go against your
ultimate will, I'd like to let you know that Diplomata would be the partner
of my choice and, since you have left the door open for me to insist, I
would like to do so and ask you again if you agree that I book with them. As
you know, I have dealt with this company to organize our Summit 2008 and
consequently have had the opportunity to build a close relation with them
that would  immensely facilitate the need of sorting out a couple of
specificities i.e. the need of splitting the flight cost (since I will pay
for the internal flight Boston ­ Minneapolis), the need of synchronizing
both flights (my own and my wife's, who will book with Diplomata ) and the
possibility of directly charging OWASP.

If you agree with my proposal, in all cases I will respect the  $1,200 USD
allowance, will insist with them to find out the cheapest flight and won't
book it without before informing you about the cost estimation. However, to
conclude, as said above, if you keep your opposition to this partner choice
I will find out another solution.

Thanks,
- Paulo

Paulo Coimbra
OWASP Project Manager <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/User:Paulo_Coimbra>

From:  Jason Li <jason.li at owasp.org>
Date:  Tue, 23 Aug 2011 09:04:42 -0400
To:  Paulo Coimbra <pcoimbra at owasp.org>
Cc:  <projects at owasp.org>, Adam Baso <adam.baso at owasp.org>, OWASP Foundation
Board List <owasp-board at lists.owasp.org>
Subject:  Re: Paulo @ OWASP AppSec USA 2011?

Paulo,

As I mentioned in my previous email, the GPC will provide an allowance for
airfare. This allowance is based on a calculation of available fares and the
intention is to provide flexibility to the attendee while ensuring
reasonable costs for OWASP.

I apologize that I have not followed up on your travel allowance sooner. In
the future, if you find that I have not provided the information you need to
act, please do not hesitate to ask again. Please do not feel the need to
wait until more time has elapsed.

The travel allowance for your flight will be $1,200 USD, which is the
approximate cost of the cheapest flight from Lisbon-Minneapolis based on
current airfare prices.

You may book your flights as you see fit and the GPC will reimburse those
costs UP TO $1,200 USD. You will be responsible for any airfare costs above
this amount.

Personally, I would recommend that you book a multi-city flight as many
times, the cost of the extra stop is negligible. That will result in less
money that you yourself have to spend for your side trip. I would recommend
*against* using Diplomata for your travel arrangements. Our experience with
the last Summit was that they were not sensitive to our flight pricing
concerns and the budget impact. However, you are free to engage them for
your travel if you would like. Again, the allowance is to provide you some
flexibility in your travel arrangements.

-Jason