[Owasp-board] [Committees-chairs] Meeting at AppSec USA

Mark Bristow mark.bristow at owasp.org
Tue Apr 6 12:53:10 UTC 2004

 So are we going to have worthwhile meetings then?  Should I bring this up
with the wife?

I ask because AppSec US can likely get by without a liaison.  I'm more than
willing to be an extra set of hands, and feel that having someone to talk to
sponsors, attendees, objectively rate the event, get lessons kearned are
definitely valuable things but as far as need of actual help (one of the big
reasons for liasions and providing direct support), is guess they are pretty
squared away and sending people to travel on OWASP dime is expensive.

That said I'm on the fence on reassigning a liaison anyway because I think
there is value in it for OWASP even if the event is already well managed.
 Had Richard not canceled I am confident it would have been good for him to
go and we would derive value from his trip.  But he did cancel and this
provides opportunity for us to save some $ that we had obligated and
reallocation it to other efforts.However if there are going to be worthwhile
in person meetings with other chairs/the board this UPS the value
proposition in my mind (and informs the decision that I should be the
replacement, when I heard these in person meetings were occuring before
Richard cancled I was afraid that the gcc would be under-represented).

I guess I'm just trying to be frugal and insure that an investment in travel
$ for OWASP is not mis-spent and get that feel before I bring this up with
my wife, employer and customer.

Mark Bristow
Global Conferences Committee, Chair
mark.bristow at owasp.org