[Owasp-board] Owasp chair

Michael Coates michael.coates at owasp.org
Tue Apr 6 11:57:04 UTC 2004

Can someone help me with a bit of background on this thread. The combination of dance-offs and board chair discussion has me a little confused :)

Is the intent of this thread to select the next OWASP chair? On that note, I did want to raise a couple of questions.  Our bylaws state the following:

SECTION 2.02 Election and Term of Office. Each Board member will serve for a term of 2 years.
The role of the Board Members shall be elected by the Board of Directors at the first meeting following
the election of the Board of Directors. If the election of officers shall not be held at such meeting, such
election shall be held as soon thereafter as conveniently may be. Each officer shall hold that role until
the next election has been completed.

Although helpful, this doesn't actually specify the following:

1. Will this vote take place after the newly elected board members begin their terms (e.g. Jan, 2012) or immediately following the election (e.g. now)?
2. Which board members will vote? I'm assuming this is the board members currently active at the time of the vote. If so, this implies the answer to item #1 would be January.

Thanks,

Michael Coates
OWASP