[Owasp-bayarea] Free Manico AppSec Training at BSides SF!

Travis McPeak travis.mcpeak at owasp.org
Mon Feb 5 21:46:35 UTC 2018

In Jim's own words:

Iron Clad Development: Building Secure Web and Webservice Applications
Course Length: 1 Days
Skill Level: Intermediate

Jim’s secure coding training classes are designed to benefit any web
developer, architect, security professional or other software development
professional who needs to build and maintain secure web and webservice
software.We will spend the day reviewing several of the core web security
topics that all developers must master. Demo's and other group activities
will round out the course.These include...
- HTTP Security Basics
- OWASP Top Ten 2017
- SQL and other Injection
- Cross Site Request Forgery
- File Upload and File IO Security
- XSS Defense
- Authentication and Access Control
- HTTPS
- Webservice/REST programming

Jim Manico is the founder of Manicode Security where he trains software
developers on secure coding and security engineering. He is also the
founder of Brakeman Security, Inc. and is a investor/advisor for Signal
Sciences. Jim is also a frequent speaker on secure software practices, is a
member of the JavaOne rockstar speaker community and is the author of
"Iron-Clad Java: Building Secure Web Applications" from McGraw-Hill and
Oracle Press. Jim also volunteers for the OWASP foundation where he helps
build application security standards and other documentation. For more
information, see http://www.linkedin.com/in/jmanico.

Thanks,
 -Travis