[OWASP-Bangalore] Welcome New Members

Marudhamaran Gunasekaran gmaran23 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 13:43:20 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am Maran (leave my complete name Marudhamaran Gunasekaran to the
government id cards and office registers;), a relative stranger at this
mailing list. Computer programming and Security fascinates me, and the
monthly nul/OWASP/G4H meets/webcasts/groups are my chances to meet like
minded fascinating professionals.

In the coming meet on Nov 22, I am going to demonstrate OWASP ZAP - an easy
to use penetration testing (read as vulnerability analysis) tool. I am a
ZAP Evangelist - a non-coding contributor to the OWASP ZAP project. With a
sample vulnerable application, I very excited to cover cover pen test
scenarios and how ZAP features come to aid. It doesn't matter if you work
for IT infra, sw development, or information security, ZAP is suitable for
all audiences. If it interests you below are the features that are waiting
for the premiere. Looking forward to meet everyone this Saturday.

*OWASP ZAP tool demonstration - Agenda*
ZAP history
ZAP principles
ZAP statistics
Quick Start
Browser configuration
Intercepting proxy – breakpoints
Passive scanner
Auto tagging
Parameters
New Alert
Dynamic Certificates
Forced browsing
Spiders
Fuzzing
Zap Marketplace
Https Information
Comparing requests/responses
Text Wizards
Manual request editor
Scan Options
Active scan
Reports
*time for questions or more feature demonstrations*