[OWASP-Bangalore] Security Checklist

Sandeep Garg rcg001 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 14:07:37 UTC 2013

Hi Maanav,

Thanks for taking out time to write this detailed checklist. Please recommend some products which can help with below tasks. Something which can provide centralized security control without the need of a Domain server will be preferred.

Regards,

Sandeep

To: owasp-bangalore at lists.owasp.org
Subject: [OWASP-Bangalore] Security Checklist

Hi,

Posting this on behalf of Sandeep Garg (rcg001 at gmail.com)

---
Looking for expert advice on steps which can be taken by startups to prevent
the sensitive data theft by employees/contractors. I am looking for
something which is simple & affordable like:

.        Do not give Admin rights on Laptops.

.        Disable all USB ports and DVD drives and put strong BIOS password.

If someone can help with a checklist like above, it will be quite useful for
many startups which can't afford costly solutions initially. Use of open
source SW is fine.

Also is there a alternative to Windows Domain Server to control policies &
permissions centrally.

Regards,

Sandeep

--
Warm regards,
Akash Mahajan

That Web Application Security Guy | +91 99 805 271 82
akashm.com | @makash on twitter | linkd.in/webappsecguy
OWASP Bangalore Chapter Lead | null Community Manager