[OWASP-Bangalore] Fwd: OWASP Global Connector

Akash akashmahajan at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 15:37:30 UTC 2013

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: The OWASP Foundation <The_OWASP_Foundation at mail.vresp.com>
Date: 13 December 2013 21:01
Subject: OWASP Global Connector
To: akashmahajan at gmail.com

  [image: OWASP Global Connector]

December 13, 2013 | |
www.owasp.org<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/e6f1135abe/5fae4856fa/58e9b44773>|
Contact
Us<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/e6f1135abe/5fae4856fa/ac33366c18>|
Brought to you by the OWASP Foundation
   [image: owasp projects]  Featured OWASP Project

OWASP Application Security Guide For CISOs
Project<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/e6f1135abe/5fae4856fa/97decdef45>

Among application security stakeholders, Chief Information Security
Officers (CISOs manage application security programs according to their own
roles, responsibilities, perspectives and needs. Application security best
practices and OWASP resources are referenced throughout the guide.
New OWASP Projects

* OWASP Security Labeling System
Project*<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/e6f1135abe/5fae4856fa/c595dbe2a3>

The purpose of this project is creating a transnational and market wise
software security labeling system. Security is invisible, so the OWASP
labeling system will help to make it visible. The system consists of
different kinds of OWASP security labels for Web applications and Software.

* OWASP Financial Information Exchange Security Project*

This project focuses on the FIX protocol with the aim of developing a java
client to be used during security assessments of custom FIX
implementations. The project will also produce best practice guidance for
FIX protocol security. More to come soon ...

* OWASP Reverse Engineering and Code Modification Prevention Project*

The purpose of this project is to educate application security experts
about the risks and appropriate mitigation techniques that organizations
should implement to prevent an adversary from reverse engineering or
modifying the developer's code within untrustworthy environments. More to
come soon ...
Project Announcements

*OWASP Code Review Guide
Project*<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/e6f1135abe/5fae4856fa/7a7fbd40aa>

Message from Project Leader,Larry
Conklin.<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/e6f1135abe/5fae4856fa/f7d5307abd>

I am in need of authors to sign up to finish some chapters of the Code
Review Guide V 2.0. I am hoping we can get twelve articles done by the
first of the year.

Authors, if you want to write other content, please do so. We have a lot of
work already completed. We need to finish this book. Please do not sign up
for more than one article at a time. You can do more than one article, but
lets concentrate on one thing at a time.

Remember - write in the wiki, write often, HAVE FUN.

For a comprehensive list of the sections needing an author, visit
theProject Blog
Post<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/e6f1135abe/5fae4856fa/6e8ea2f955>
      [image: membership]  Thank you to Dropbox, our newest Corporate
Member    [image:
conferences]  AppSec USA 2013 Conference Presentations are now available

*Presentation Videos Available
Here*<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/e6f1135abe/5fae4856fa/f49c37216b>

*Presentations (ppt and pdf) are available
here*<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/e6f1135abe/5fae4856fa/596bcaa1f6>
Global AppSec Events in 2014

AppSec APAC 2014 (March 17 - 20, Tokyo
Japan)<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/e6f1135abe/5fae4856fa/2d05184f32>Call
for papers/training open until December 15

AppSec LATAM 2014 - LATAM Tour (April 21 - May
12)<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/e6f1135abe/5fae4856fa/ffe8ed29cb>

AppSec EU 2014 (June 23 - 26, Cambridge, UK)

AppSec USA 2014 (September 16 - 19, Denver,
CO)<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/e6f1135abe/5fae4856fa/491738d05c>
Upcoming Regional Events

AppSec California 2014 (January 27 - 28, Santa Monica,
CA)<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/e6f1135abe/5fae4856fa/a9bbb37aca>

LASCON 2014 (October 21 - 24, Austin,
TX)<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/e6f1135abe/5fae4856fa/e60b188e38>
Partner and Promotional Events

OWASP has partnered with these great events in beginning of 2014 to grow
our community and build awareness around software security. If you want to
learn more about OWASP's involvement or will be attending and want to help
out contact us<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/e6f1135abe/5fae4856fa/6bc46b9bb3>

Nullcon (February 12 - 15, Goa,
India)<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/e6f1135abe/5fae4856fa/83f0da9b43>

Security, Management, Audit Forum 2014 (February 19 - 20, Poland)
    [image: Initiatives]  Support the OWASP Foundation while finishing your
Holiday Shopping

The OWASP Foundation is enrolled with Amazon Smile. When you shop at Amazon
by clicking the logo below, OWASP will receive 0.5% in donations.

Thank you for your continued support!
 [image: Amazon
Smile]<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/e6f1135abe/5fae4856fa/7b8b7e3763>

Got Questions?

The OWASP Foundation is a community of security professionals. Tap into the
collective knowledge by submitting your security questions to the Security
101 mailing list. Subscribe to the
list<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/e6f1135abe/5fae4856fa/b019ca35f3>
      [image: education]  [image: webinar globe] GLOBAL WEBINARS

*The Cavalry Is US: Protecting the Public Good - Nicholas Percoco and
Joshua Corman*

(Recorded at AppSec USA 2013 in New York, NY)

This session will both frame the plans to engage in Legislative, Judicial,
Professional, and Media (hearts & minds) channels and to organize and
initiate our constitutional congress working sessions. The time is now. It
will not be easy, but it is necessary, and we are up for the challenge.

December 18, 2013 at 10am EDT
[image: Register
Here]<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/e6f1135abe/5fae4856fa/84bbf3e855>

December 18, 2013 at 9pm EDT
[image: Register
Here]<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/e6f1135abe/5fae4856fa/a5acc93602>

Links to the recordings of previous meetings can be found on the
Initiatives Page
    [image: communication]

The Board of Directors have recently approved three new OWASP Project
related policy and guideline documents. They outline the rules of
engagement for grant spending, project spending, and project sponsorship.

The Grant Funding and Spending
Policy<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/e6f1135abe/5fae4856fa/675474b466>lists
the ways in which grant awarded funds are to be managed and spent.

The Project Spending
Policy<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/e6f1135abe/5fae4856fa/b1d9cd15d0>outlines
how project junks can be spent, and what appropriate project
expenses are.

The Project Sponsorship Operational
Guidelines<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/e6f1135abe/5fae4856fa/4b4bfb6e78>aims
to provide clear expectations of how sponsors and projects are
expected to interact when sponsorship funds are given to a project.

To view the documents, please click on the corresponding link.
    [image: Social Media]  OWASP Foundation Social Media

LinkedIn<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/e6f1135abe/5fae4856fa/8b4826bbe7>

Twitter<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/e6f1135abe/5fae4856fa/3b4a7a29a6>

Google +<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/e6f1135abe/5fae4856fa/f0b51c177e>

Facebook<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/e6f1135abe/5fae4856fa/f326e2202d>

Ning<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/e6f1135abe/5fae4856fa/ae313899bd>

StackOverflow<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheOWASPFoundation/e6f1135abe/5fae4856fa/3ccf1f823f/tab=newest&q=owasp>

  The OWASP Foundation
1200 - C Agora Drive
bel Air, 21014
US

Read <http://www.verticalresponse.com/content/pm_policy.html> the
VerticalResponse marketing policy.
  [image: Non-Profits Email Free with VerticalResponse!]
<http://www.verticalresponse.com/landing/ef/?np/e6f1135abe&utm_campaign=footer&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=footer>

--
Warm regards,
Akash Mahajan

*That Web Application Security Guy* | +91 99 805 271 82
akashm.com | *@makash* on twitter | linkd.in/webappsecguy
*OWASP Bangalore Chapter Lead | null Community Manager*