[OWASP-Bangalore] Fwd: Mid-Day Website : Hackable --

Srimathi Prasad srimathi.prasad at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 02:47:32 EDT 2010

>From my experience, website defacement does not bother people much unless
there is some financial implication. That may be the reason companies are
lax about it. Moreover, I see CISOs find it very hard to get budgets for
this unless the management takes it seriously.

Someone asked about awareness programs... DSCI Bangalore Chapter has started
some work on the same. They are targeting various groups that you have
mentioned. But they have not rolled it out. Yday I read that some kid had
written syllabus for schools/colleges to address cyber security. If Govt
bites into that, it would be a good start.

Regards,
Srimathi

--
Srimathi