[OWASP-Bangalore] DB security

chintan dave davechintan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 00:42:48 EDT 2009

Hi Sarika,

Database security is not a small topic. There are many things involved in
database security.
Please be specific on what exactly are you looking for.

The standards that you are talking of are not specifically meant for
database security.
Secure database could be one of the requirements for complying to those
standards.

When you talk of tools, which tools are you exactly looking for ?

If you are looking for a Database vulnerability scanner, there are some
professional scanners as well as free to use available.

NGSSquirrel from Next Generation Secure Software is a professional database
scanner.

If you are looking around for a free tool which you can play around with,
you can use Scuba from Imperva.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Chintan