[Owasp-australia] Fwd: Download Indexed Cache

Brad Empeigne brad.empeigne at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 23:53:50 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I am interested in learning more about the OWASP Google Hacking
project. I have reached out to Christian to get a copy of the source
code for the project. However I assume he is busy because he is not
very responsive.

Has anybody seen the code who can forward it on? I have noticed there
have been many presentations around the world on this project but
there's no code public for it? I understand that the Google API is no
longer supported but still eager to read the code to learn more about
the history and inner workings of such tools. Thanks for your help!

--Brad

Forwarded conversation
Subject: Download Indexed Cache
------------------------

From: Brad Empeigne <brad.empeigne at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 6:01 PM
To: christian.heinrich at owasp.org

Hi Christian, I`m interested in learning more about the Google Hacking
Project. I have seen some slides about the project online and it looks
very interesting, but I unfortunately when I try to check out the
source code it is empty? Can you please point me in the right
direction because I would very much like to read through it to
understand how it is implemented! Thanks in advance.
--Brad
----------
From: Brad Empeigne <brad.empeigne at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 12:06 PM
To: christian.heinrich at owasp.org

Hi Christian, I never got a response to my mail last week. Is the code
for DIC available somewhere to download? Best regards.
--Brad
----------
From: Christian Heinrich <christian.heinrich at owasp.org>
Date: Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 11:20 AM
To: Brad Empeigne <brad.empeigne at gmail.com>

Brad,

The repository was removed because of
http://googlecode.blogspot.com/2009/08/well-earned-retirement-for-soap-search.html
--
Regards,
Christian Heinrich - http://www.owasp.org/index.php/user:cmlh

----------
From: Brad Empeigne <brad.empeigne at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 11:39 AM
To: Christian Heinrich <christian.heinrich at owasp.org>

Hi Christian, thanks for your reply. I understand the Google SOAP API
is no more but am still interested in how DIC works (or worked). I am
interested in this subject and hoping to work on similar tools in the
future. Is it possible to get a copy of the code nonetheless? Thanks.
--Brad
----------
From: Christian Heinrich <christian.heinrich at owasp.org>
Date: Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 6:02 PM
To: Brad Empeigne <brad.empeigne at gmail.com>

Brad,

Sure - can I send it to you after AusCERT 2010 as I need to make some
adjustments to make it partially work with e.g.
http://www.sensepost.com/research/aura/
--

----------
From: Brad Empeigne <brad.empeigne at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, May 25, 2010 at 10:18 AM
To: Christian Heinrich <christian.heinrich at owasp.org>

Hi Christian, I hope you had good time at AusCERT. I read in the news
that IBM ironically distributed Malware on USB keys? ;-) Is it
possible to get a copy of the code as promised, if it's not yet hooked
into Aura I don't mind. Thanks.
-- Brad
----------
From: Brad Empeigne <brad.empeigne at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, May 27, 2010 at 7:34 PM
To: Christian Heinrich <christian.heinrich at owasp.org>

Hi Christian, just a reminder about the code if you missed my previous
e-mail. I am looking forward to understanding the project better.
Thanks.
-- Brad
From: Brad Empeigne <brad.empeigne at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 9:52 AM
To: Christian Heinrich <christian.heinrich at owasp.org>

Hi Christian, it's been over 6 weeks since I first made contact about
the code for the Google Hacking project. It is rather disappointing to
have not received anything yet as I am eager to learn more about it
and hopefully do some related work. Can you please let me know when it
will be available? Thanks.
-- Brad