[Owasp-austin] LASCON 2017 Update
tiana.chandler at owasp.org
Sat Sep 23 17:24:59 UTC 2017
The *Lonestar Application Security Conference (LASCON) 2017
<https://lascon.org/> *is now about a month away, and we are so excited
about what all that will provide us in the way of pre-conference training,
conference sessions, and just being able to socialize with like-minded
professionals. We take pride in having a conference where it is not too
big and not too small.
Some updates to highlight:
- We added another *2-Day pre-conference training* to our options,
provided by Daniel Crowley. Following are his and the other trainings
offered by these very experienced trainers:
- Modern Crypto Attacks for Pen Testers who Hate Math w/ Daniel
- Web Application Hacking w/ Brandon Perry
- Advanced Powershell for Offense and Defense w/ Ben Ten
- Automating your own AppSec Pipeline with Docker and Serverless
Computing w/ Matt Tesauro
- We still have discounted conference-only tickets available until the
end of this month. Use the following link to get the discount -
Here are more details:
We have two great keynote speakers lined up: *Chris Nickerson *and *Georgia
The conference schedule is available on our website - see
https://lascon.org/schedule/. Check out all the great sessions and start
planning which ones you want to attend.
- The training days are Tuesday & Wednesday, October 24-25, 2017.
- We offer 2-Day training classes. Details of those training classes
can be viewed on the website - see https://lascon.org/training/.
- Each training class has limited seating/space, so be sure to register
for one you wish to attend.
*OWASP Top-10 Training (free)*
- We are pleased to provide an OWASP Top-10 Training again this year.
This is a great intro type of training for those who are new to application
- It will be an all-day training from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM on Wednesday,
October 25, 2017, at Norris Conference Center.
- Lunch will not be provided, but places to eat are within walking
- You can register for this free training at the following link -
- These tickets will go fast, so be sure to sign up if wish to attend.
- If you have not already done so, get your Conference ticket today.
- Discounts are still available through the end of this month (Sept
- If you are an OWASP Member, you can register and receive a discount on
your ticket. Normally $349, discounted at $279 ... that is a savings of
- You will need your OWASP Membership Number. If you do not know it,
log in to the OWASP Foundation Community Portal (
https://myowasp.force.com/login <https://myowasp.force.com/login>), go
to Profile, and your Membership Number will be listed.
- To register, use this following link - https://lascon2017.eventbrit
<https://lascon2017.eventbrite.com/?discount=OWASPMember>. It will
require you to enter your Membership Number.
- Not currently an OWASP Member? For a limited time we are offering a *$50
discount* to those on this OWASP Austin list.
- We would, however, like to encourage you to become an OWASP Member.
Not only would you be giving back to our local community, supporting our
local chapter, but you would get the additional discount amount. To become
a member, go to https://myowasp.force.com/CPBase__store?site=a1e0B000007A
- Otherwise, you can use the following link to get the limited time
discount - https://lascon2017.eventbrite.com?discount=AustinOWASP
Sponsors help make LASCON be an affordable conference, and we have some
great volunteers diligently contacting various companies to seek their
interest. We still have some sponsorship opportunities available, so if
your company, or perhaps you know of a company, is interested in sponsoring
LASCON this year, please send any information to our Sponsor Coordinator,
Matt Snider, at lascon+sponsors at owasp.org. Thanks!
*Other Pertinent Details (for those not already aware)*
*When:* Tuesday & Wednesday, October 24-25, 2017 (Training)
Thursday & Friday, October 26-27, 2017 (Conference)
*Where:* Norris Conference Center, 2525 W. Anderson Lane, Suite 365,
Austin, Texas 78757
*What: *The Lonestar Application Security Conference (LASCON) is an OWASP
conference held annually in Austin, TX. It is a gathering of 400+ web app
developers, security engineers, mobile developers and information security
professionals. LASCON is held in Texas where more Fortune 500 companies
call home than any other state, and is held in Austin which is a hub for
startups in the state of Texas. At LASCON, leaders at these companies along
with security architects and developers gather to share cutting-edge ideas,
initiatives, and technology advancements.
If you have any questions about the above information, please send them
directly to my email address or to austin at owasp.org.
OWASP Austin Chapter Leader
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Owasp-austin