[Owasp-austin] OWASP Austin Study Group - next book to start October 1st

Tiana Chandler tiana.chandler at owasp.org
Tue Sep 8 23:30:46 UTC 2015

For those of you interested in participating in the OWASP Study Group, this
is a follow-up message to let you know that we have decided on the book
titled "*Snapshot - Reading and Treating People Right the First Time*" by
Dan Korem. The book can only be purchased from the following online store
and only as hardcover (no electronic format). Cost of book is $34.95 retail.

   - Amazon -
   http://smile.amazon.com/Snapshot-Reading-Treating-People-Right/dp/098933581X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1431191284&sr=8-1&keywords=dan+korem

The chapter will purchase books for those who participated in the last
study group and attended over 70% of the meetings.  A separate message will
be sent to those individuals.

We will use the
http://my.owasp.org/groups/austinowaspstudygroup/forum/study-group-2015-snapshot
discussion forum to share thoughts and have discussions on this book.
Please be sure to *sign up* for the site, *join* the OWASP Austin Study
Group, and *follow* the discussion forum so that you can get alerts on
posts to the forum.

As for the starting date, we have decided on *Thursday, October 1, 2015*.
We wanted to give more time to obtain the book, and not conflict with the
OWASP AppSecUSA date (week of 9/21).

Please let me know of any questions or concerns.

Looking forward to seeing you next month!

Tiana Chandler
OWASP Austin Training/Study Coordinator