[Owasp-austin] Vote in the OWASP Board Election

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Fri Oct 12 20:44:41 UTC 2012

Hey Austin OWASPers!

I sent an e-mail out about a month ago, but since the election ballot went
out today, I wanted to remind you all that the OWASP Austin Chapter is
special because we have more OWASP members in our chapter than pretty much
any other OWASP Chapter in the world (thanks to our LASCON Conference).
What this means is that our chapter has a huge advantage in swaying the
results of the upcoming OWASP International Board of Directors election.
Information on the election candidates can be found here, but since I know
that many of you aren't familiar with the inner-workings of OWASP, I wanted
to tell you my personal experiences with a couple of the candidates:

*Matt Tesauro*:  Hopefully most of you have had the chance to get to know
> Matt as he is the only Texas candidate and has been involved with our local
> chapter for many years.  He has also served on the OWASP Board for a couple
> years now and has been a huge asset in relaying our chapter interests back
> to the Foundation.  He's the leader for the OWASP WTE Project and he's
> helped with our LASCON planning as well.

> *Jim Manico*: Jim is one of the most passionate Application Security
> people I have ever met.  He is the host of the OWASP Podcast and travels
> the world on WhiteHat's dime speaking about Application Security.  He has
> spoken at LASCON and was in Austin speaking at our chapter meeting a couple
> months back.  He has not been on the OWASP Board before, but I've spoken
> with Jim a number of times on his platform and I believe that he would be
> an amazing asset to the Board.

Obviously, this is just my opinion and you are all free to vote for whoever
you would like.  These are certainly other very qualified candidates who
are running, but I wanted to highlight these two individuals who have
directly contributed to the success of our local chapter.  And regardless
of the "who", I sincerely hope that you all will at least take the
opportunity to vote.  Please let me know if you are a current OWASP member
and did not receive your ballot and, as always, feel free to reach out to
me if you have any questions.

~josh