[Owasp-austin] OWASP Study Group

Auston Holt holt at austonholt.com
Wed May 23 19:34:58 UTC 2012


Hi All,

We just finished our last study group session on the "Web Application
Hacker's Handbook" today, great experience!

I understand we'll take about a month off then pick up a new topic.

What about next covering "Metasploit: The Penetration Tester's Guide?"

Auston

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 9:55 AM, Ben Broussard <benlbroussard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Today in Study Group, we'll be completing Chapter 7 and going through the
> questions at the end of the chapter.
>
> -Ben
>
>
> On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 12:59 AM, Ben Broussard <benlbroussard at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> We will be covering Chapter 7: Attacking Session Management. We will stop
>> just before the subsection "Securing Session Management."
>>
>> Same time, same place. Hope to see you there!
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ben Broussard, CISSP
>> Kedalion Security - President
>>
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 12:19 AM, Ben Broussard <benlbroussard at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Study Group Reminder: Wednesday, 2/8, from noon to 1pm. This time we will
>>> be finishing Chapter Six: Attacking Authentication. We will go through the
>>> various pieces involved in building a secure login mechanism.
>>>
>>> Directions and details below. Hope to see you there! And remember, Study
>>> Group does not build on previous sessions like a math class; each session is
>>> modular, and you can't "fall behind." Come when you can and learn what you
>>> will.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Ben Broussard
>>>
>>>
>>> Directions and Times
>>>  - When: Wednesdays from noon to 1pm.
>>>  - Where: We have a room in Building A of the National Instruments
>>> campus (the monthly OWASP meetings are in Building C). The drive has
>>> directions to the buildings clearly marked. Once in Building A take the
>>> elevator to the 2nd floor, go down the hallway to your left past the
>>> restrooms and turn left down the small hallway directly after the
>>> restrooms. Conference room 217 will be the second door on the right. You
>>> will have internet access and we'll have a projector for examples. Feel
>>> free to call me at (512) 944-2210 for details or directions.
>>>
>>>
>>> On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 7:30 PM, Ben Broussard <benlbroussard at gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> Hi all,
>>>>
>>>> Study Group is tomorrow. We're going to cover the first half of Chapter
>>>> Six: Attacking Authentication. We will cover up to page 190, ending just
>>>> before "Securing Authentication." I hope to see you there!
>>>>
>>>> Thanks,
>>>> Ben Broussard, CISSP
>>>> Kedalion Security - President
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Directions and Times
>>>>  - When: Wednesdays from noon to 1pm.
>>>>  - Where: We have a room in Building A of the National Instruments
>>>> campus (the monthly OWASP meetings are in Building C). The drive has
>>>> directions to the buildings clearly marked. Once in Building A take the
>>>> elevator to the 2nd floor, go down the hallway to your left past the
>>>> restrooms and turn left down the small hallway directly after the
>>>> restrooms. Conference room 217 will be the second door on the right. You
>>>> will have internet access and we'll have a projector for examples. Feel
>>>> free to call me at (512) 944-2210 for details or directions.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 4:20 PM, Ben Broussard <benlbroussard at gmail.com>
>>>> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> Hi all,
>>>>>
>>>>> The Austin OWASP Study Group will meet again this Wednesday to go over
>>>>> chapter 5 of The Web Application Hacker's Handbook, 2nd edition. Hope to see
>>>>> you there. See below for directions and times.
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>> Ben
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 5:10 PM, Ben Broussard
>>>>> <benlbroussard at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Hi all,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> This is a reminder to all who are planning on attending study group
>>>>>> tomorrow. We will be going over chapter 4: Mapping The Application, from the
>>>>>> Web Application Hacker's Handbook, 2nd edition. Hope to see you there!
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>>> Ben Broussard
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Directions and Times
>>>>>>  - When: Wednesdays from noon to 1pm.
>>>>>>  - Where: We have a room in Building A of the National Instruments
>>>>>> campus (the monthly OWASP meetings are in Building C). The drive has
>>>>>> directions to the buildings clearly marked. Once in Building A take
>>>>>> the
>>>>>> elevator to the 2nd floor, go down the hallway to your left past the
>>>>>> restrooms and turn left down the small hallway directly after the
>>>>>> restrooms. Conference room 217 will be the second door on the right.
>>>>>> You
>>>>>> will have internet access and we'll have a projector for examples.
>>>>>> Feel
>>>>>> free to call me at (512) 944-2210 for details or directions.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 6:46 PM, Ben Broussard
>>>>>> <benlbroussard at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Hi All,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> The Austin OWASP Study Group is starting up again. This time we will
>>>>>>> be going through the Web Application Hacker's Handbook by Dafydd Stuttard
>>>>>>> and Marcus Pinto. Note that this is the SECOND EDITION!
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I was, unfortunately, not able to get free hard or soft copies for
>>>>>>> the study group. You can buy it on Amazon
>>>>>>> at http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1118026470 for around $31. For our first
>>>>>>> meeting it will not be necessary to have a copy, but it will be our text for
>>>>>>> this session of Study Group, so get one if you plan to attend. If the price
>>>>>>> tag will stop you from attending, talk to me and we'll see what we can work
>>>>>>> out.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Our first meeting will be next Wednesday, 1/11, at the same time and
>>>>>>> place as before. Specific directions and details are below.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>>>> Ben Broussard, CISSP
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Directions and Times
>>>>>>>  - When: Wednesdays from noon to 1pm.
>>>>>>>  - Where: We have a room in Building A of the National Instruments
>>>>>>> campus (the monthly OWASP meetings are in Building C). The drive has
>>>>>>> directions to the buildings clearly marked. Once in Building A take
>>>>>>> the
>>>>>>> elevator to the 2nd floor, go down the hallway to your left past the
>>>>>>> restrooms and turn left down the small hallway directly after the
>>>>>>> restrooms. Conference room 217 will be the second door on the right.
>>>>>>> You
>>>>>>> will have internet access and we'll have a projector for examples.
>>>>>>> Feel
>>>>>>> free to call me at (512) 944-2210 for details or directions.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Owasp-austin mailing list
> Owasp-austin at lists.owasp.org
> https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-austin
>



-- 
Auston Holt, CISSP
http://AustinISSA.org Vice President


More information about the Owasp-austin mailing list