[Owasp-austin] OWASP's engagement with developers in Austin

Rich Vázquez rich.vazquez at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 16:23:13 EST 2011

I think one interesting thing about both links is they accept the idea of a
"security person." Two blog entries and a series of comments where the
division is just accepted...

It seems to accept developers aren't "security people," which is largely
true.  But the same could be said of managers, network engineers and many
others who haven't been educated specifically on security - or put it into
practice. Even building architects and construction teams don't always know
the basics of some physical security. So, who is a security person?

A little speculation, but usually when there's an "us" and "them"
discussion, it probably means there's not a lot of "them" in the room. That
might be the problem for the larger OWASP community or the conference
environment this question came up in.

--
Rich Vázquez