[Owasp-austin] I wish to do security related certification CISSP, OSCP , SANS HELP!

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at ni.com
Thu Apr 28 11:45:58 EDT 2011

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the CEH yet.  While certainly not the
most notable security certification (I think that goes to the CISSP), the
Certified Ethical Hacker does a very good job at focusing on specific
security vulnerabilities, exploits, and tools.  It's great information,
but is nowhere near as broad as the CISSP which is a bonus considering
your stated interest.  Plus, it's far cheaper than the other
certifications mentioned at roughly $500 for the exam.

Sincerely,

Josh Sokol (CISSP, CCNA, GWAS)
Information Security Program Owner
National Instruments

From:   "bournenapste at gmail.com" <bournenapste at gmail.com>
To:     Owasp-austin at lists.owasp.org
Date:   04/27/2011 06:15 PM
Subject:        [Owasp-austin] I wish to do security related certification
CISSP,  OSCP , SANS HELP!
Sent by:        owasp-austin-bounces at lists.owasp.org

I wish to do security related certification i am good in linux,ruby
moderate c programming CISSP, OSCP ,SANS there are a lot of cretifications
which one should i go for i am mostly interested in malware level coding
and analysis! I am a second year undergraduate in Information technology.

please help! i have been already using backtrack linux for the past 2
Owasp-austin mailing list
Owasp-austin at lists.owasp.org