[Owasp-austin] Owasp-austin Digest, Vol 38, Issue 1

Philip_Agcaoili at Dell.com Philip_Agcaoili at Dell.com
Thu Sep 24 12:55:14 EDT 2009

Josh,

We completed our 6th internal CISSP study group session at Dell this
past Spring and were just discussing starting our 7th study group.

I'd like to join forces and have a few of my certified and my
non-certified people participate.

You may want to consider shortening the meeting from 3 hours and only
conducting a 1 hour per week meeting and including a conference bridge.
I'm willing to supply the bridge if people cannot attend in person, plus
most of us are very busy and can only focus/retain the material at most
in a 90 minute period once a week.

Also, we use Shon Harris' All-in-One CISSP Exam Guide 4th Edition
(includes a cdrom) and go through each chapter every week. We start on
chapter 3 (Risk Management) since the first 2 chapters are introductory.
The review book has 10 chapters of content and roughly takes us 12-14
weeks to complete (we've found 2-3 chapters take more than 1 session).

I hope this helps and completely flexible and supportive of this
community activity.

Thanks,

Phil Agcaoili, CISM, CISSP
Dell | Global Information Security Assurance & Consulting

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 10:47:27 -0500
From: Josh Sokol <josh.sokol at ni.com>
Subject: [Owasp-austin] CISSP Study Group
To: owasp-austin at lists.owasp.org
<OF17D65B39.AA7D3435-ON8625763B.005678CD-8625763B.0056BE3F at ni.com>

Hello,

Wondering if anyone out there in OWASP land is interested in being a
part
of the CISSP study group that I am starting up next Tuesday?  The study
group will meet in the same location as the OWASP meetings (National
Instruments) from 6-9 PM every Tuesday for the next 11 weeks.  This will

give us enough time to cover the 10 domains of security as well as a
week
for review prior to the CISSP exam here in Austin.  The tentative
schedule
is below.  Please e-mail me back if you would like to participate.
Thanks!

About the Study Group: I am organizing this study group out of my
interests in security and my desire to take the CISSP exam.  All of you
have expressed an interest to me at one time or another in being a part
of
the study group or in obtaining your CISSP certification so you are
receiving this invite.  Please let me know now if you are not willing to

seriously contribute to the study group.  We will begin the study group
on
September 29, 2009 with an in-person meeting of all interested parties.
Dean has graciously offered to lead the discussion on this date, but
please make sure that you have read your text's section on "Access
Control" prior to attending.  I will need each person to pick three
domains that they would like to lead the discussions on.  These can be
domains that you know everything about or nothing about.  It doesn't
matter.  The goal is for us all to learn here.  Please send me your list

of three domains ASAP and I will assign everyone 1-2 primary and 1-2
alternate slots.  I will do my best to make sure that you get your
desired
section, but I can't guarantee anything.  Thanks.

Textbook: You are free to chose your own textbook.  I have a copy of
Mike
Meyers' CISSP(R) Certification Passport by Shon Harris that I will be
using likely amongst other texts.  Everyone must have at least one
textbook that they can bring with them to the study group.

Week 1: September 29, 2009
Access Control
Primary: Dean Bushmiller
Alternate:
Week 2: October 6, 2009
Application Security
Primary: Josh Sokol
Alternate:
Week 3: October 13, 2009
Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning
Primary:
Alternate:
Week 4: October 20, 2009
Cryptography
Primary:
Alternate:
Week 5: October 27, 2009
Information Security and Risk Management
Primary:
Alternate:
Week 6: November 3, 2009
Legal, Regulations, Compliance and Investigations
Primary:
Alternate:
Week 7: November 10, 2009
Operations Security
Primary:
Alternate:
Week 8: November 17, 2009
Physical (Environmental) Security
Primary:
Alternate:
Week 9: November 24, 2009
Security Architecture and Design
Primary:
Alternate:
Week 10: December 1, 2009
Telecommunications and Network Security
Primary:
Alternate:
Week 11: December 8, 2009
REVIEW

Exam Date: December 12, 2009 in Austin, TX

Sincerely,

Josh Sokol (CCNA, GWAS)
Web Systems Engineer
National Instruments
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

End of Owasp-austin Digest, Vol 38, Issue 1