[Owasp-austin] OT? web application frameworks

Dan Pattyn dan.pattyn at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 12:29:08 EDT 2009

You may want to check out WEB2PY from DePaul University in Chicago.  It was
developed to train incoming freshman to develop their first web app for a
nonprofit after two weeks of classes on a Saturday afternoon (four hours).
 Took the best of Zope and RoR and made an environment for mortals to
program.  They were trying to push it into the enterprise space since it has
an easy to use development environment for fairly sophisticated schemas.
http://www.web2py.com/

If your schema is moderately complex or will grow into a complex schema, you
may want to consider WEB2PY.  RoR is going through a mid life crisis as they
are trying to merge MERB and RoR and create a Plugin environment complicated
by the fact that the Ruby community and the RoR community don't interact
enough in my humble opinion.  If you know Python and you might deploy on
Google, WEB2PY might be a worth a look.  Final comment on RoR.  It is
ideally a RESTful CRUD framework for end users but it is still a programmer
paradigm (command line instead of 100% browser like WEB2PY).
Regards
Dan Pattyn

TOYOTA:
"We get brilliant results from average people managing brilliant processes.
We observe that our competitors often get average (or worse) results from
brilliant people managing broken processes."
WATTS S. HUMPHREY:
"Teams are the most powerful tool mankind has yet devised for doing creative
work."

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 12:41 AM,
<travis+ml-owasp at subspacefield.org<travis%2Bml-owasp at subspacefield.org>