[Owasp-appsensor-dev] AppSensor v2.0.0 Beta Release

Benjamin-Hugo.LeBlanc at bentley.com Benjamin-Hugo.LeBlanc at bentley.com
Tue Sep 23 16:10:35 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

I am working this fall as an IT Product Security intern, and one of my tasks
is to test AppSensor as a standalone engine using REST calls from a C#
client. This will hopefully be conducted in three distinct steps:

a. install the sample appsensor ws server and dashboard in an apache tomcat
(localhost), successfully sending events and logging them;
b. building a local C# client sending REST calls to appsensor;
c. further testing this into the cloud, i.e. both the c# client and
appsensor.

I've managed to install the dashboard pretty quickly -- the "mvn package"
cmd worked like a charm and the .war installed correctly. As for the
sample-appsensor-ws-rest-server, maven couldn't locate various
org.owasp.appsensor class files, so I copied that directory structure into
the compiling folder (\sample-appsensor-ws-rest-server\org\owasp\appsensor)
with all the classes into it, then Maven compiled correctly with the .war
file.

I guess my question is "what next?" Logging with
"http://localhost:8080/sample-appsensor-ws-rest-server-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT"
returns a 500 internal error with a stream of exceptions, and I am looking
for the proper way/syntax to send events to that server and make it react.
Any simple way for a less experienced coder to make this work?

Any hint would be much appreciated !

Thanks,

Benjamin