[Owasp-appsensor-dev] updates on code v2

John Melton jtmelton at gmail.com
Fri May 9 03:34:04 UTC 2014


All,

Just wanted to give a quick update on the v2 code progress. Steady progress
has been made - here are the highlights:

- I just finished merging and pushing a significant change from Raphaël
Taban who tackled the troublesome problem of our static factory object
creation methods. He did a lot of work to move us over to dependency
injection using JSR-330. This change alone cleaned a lot of cruft from the
codebase.

- Raphaël also added some nice annotations to simplify some of the observer
pattern work we had as well as simplifying our logging mechanism greatly.

- There is now a file-based storage implementation in addition to
in-memory. DB should be next.

- The configuration module was reworked so now XML is an option (currently
the only one) as opposed to a requirement. If we want to use other
configuration mechanisms, we can (YAML, JSON, read from DB, etc.).

- There is a websocket based reporting engine now that is trivial but works.

- There has been some significant refactoring internally to clarify the
different components of the system, and to make it simple to understand how
to extend the system.

- I asked on the appsensor mailing list what folks thought about building
an appsensor web site that is not hosted on the owasp wiki, so that we
could more easily customize the look and feel. The idea was well-received,
so if we have some UX folks that want a project, that could be a good one.

I'll try to make these types of updates more regular if folks see value in
them.

Thanks,
John
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-appsensor-dev/attachments/20140508/69b9e720/attachment.html>


More information about the Owasp-appsensor-dev mailing list