[owasp-antisamy] Not Considered as Vulnerable Script

Jason Li jason.li at owasp.org
Mon Mar 11 16:43:21 UTC 2013

Suhas,

AntiSamy is intended to be an HTML validator, not a cross-site scripting
snippet detector.

The snippet you provide by itself does not by itself result in any
execution of JavaScript. It's only in a certain HTML context that would
cause the snippet to execute.

The intended use case for AntiSamy is a situation where an application must
accept raw, untrusted HTML in a safe way. AnyiSamy validates such input
against a whitelist of safe HTML/CSS.

Hope that clears things up!

-Jason