[owasp-antisamy] AntiSamy prepends doctype

Troy Doty troy.doty at touchnet.com
Mon Sep 26 09:22:34 EDT 2011

Christian,

I believe you are referring to the value returned by AntiSamy, and not ESAPI (none of the ESAPI functions would do that, that I know of).

I think the property you are looking for is "omitDoctypeDeclaration", instead of "omitDoctype".

<directive name="omitDoctypeDeclaration" value="true"/>

With that property set, I am not getting the doctype returned with my AntiSamy calls.

Hopefully that helps.

Confidentiality Notice: This electronic mail transmission, including any accompanying attachments, is intended solely for its authorized recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you received this transmission in error, immediately contact the sender and delete the contents and attachments of this message.

Note to recipient: This is an unsecured email service which is not intended for sending confidential or highly sensitive information. Confidential or highly sensitive information includes, but is not limited to, payment card information, social security numbers, and account numbers.